Saturday, March 28, 2009

New England Band Camp Starts Tomorrow!

It's close to 10 o'clock at night, and I should be asleep. I'm sure scores of students from out west should be asleep as well, but I wonder how many will still be up? Band camp starts tomorrow, a whole week off school. For several of us it will be a week off work, even though this will be a lot more work for us completing fourteen hour days instead of a standard 9 till 5 job. It will be busy enough as it is, especially factoring in travel. Coffs Harbour to Lake Keepit tomorrow, then Lake Keepit to Grafton on Friday afternoon to attend the first indoor cricket training session of the season, and then travel home to Coffs. Sleep and rest will be valued greatly.

It wasn't until a couple of hours ago I realised how lucky I can be in my line of work. I haven't thought about it much over the last four years, but I have travelled to some very nice locations throughout NSW in relation to music tutoring. This is especially true when it comes to the regional areas. What I have decided to do is take my camera with me and take photos and video footage of my trips for the band camps I am attending this year. I am on course for three band camps unless the admin decide otherwise, and unfortunately I have been denied my home region's camp of the North Coast. The scenery and towns you pass through are quite beautiful, as well as the final destination of course, but I am interested to see what it will look compiled together as a montage. I'll be looking at making ten minute videos of each of the band camp car trips with a select music track in mind that, in my opinion, would accentuate the beauty of the regional areas of NSW. I can't wait to put these together to share with everyone.

Time to finish packing the bags and get some sleep.

No comments: